And so, to conclude my post ” Working in the hospital” Pat 1 and 2, These are what i have learnt
1) People have to understand the concept of ” Wherever you go, there will always be a queue and you will have to wait ”
I honestly don’t understand why people are so ignorant about this because literally every where we go, there will always be a queue like for example, queue-ing for coffee or the bathroom. The only difference is how long are you gonna queue for and that depends on what time you come and how fast your doctor sees the patients before you.
2) Just because you are paying does not give you the means to be rude to us and like wise same with doctors, just because you guys studied very high up does not mean you are the king of the fucking world.
People, really?! Basic manners alright, if i ask you a question politely, i expect you to be polite to me as well not a whole bunch of attitude because trust me, i will make me hate you and i know how the computer system works.
3) This applies to other clinics within the hospital, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT TELL A PATIENT THEY ARE ABLE TO DO A WALK IN TO THE CLINIC WHEN WE STRICTLY ADVISE PATIENTS NOT TOO BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO MAKE US HATE YOU.
If you want us to see your patient, call our doctors and discuss with them first! Do not happily tell them false information and when they come down to our clinic and we are packed to the brim, our doctors are very likely going to refuse that patient causing us to clean up your shit and we will hate you for the unnecessary commotion you guys caused.
4) The hospital works in a big system and when one side fuckes up, its a ripple effect.
5) This mainly applies to patients, Please stop defaulting or changing your appointment and getting mad at us for closing your case and asking you to get a new referral or to be considered as a new visit.
we always do our best to understand which ever situation you are in, like you are waiting for pay day, you are waiting for social worker approval or you have no transportation to get here, we get it and we will try to make it convenient for you but please stop defaulting your appointment because after 2 years, it’s a case close and we have stuffed all your records to the Medical office and it is very hard to get back so instead of skipping all your appointments, tell us you want it cancelled and we will gladly do it for you and even tell you to call us back once you are ready for a new appointment.
6) Please stop asking us to make you the first patient Doctor see’s because it’s not happening, We already have another patient who came much more earlier then you and has already been waiting so yeah, pretty unfair if doctor sees you first unless your reason is valid then we might consider BUT WE WILL HAVE TO CONSULT WITH THE DOCTOR FIRST.
7) Dear Doctors, i know you want the best for your patients but please, i beg of you, limit the time you have with a single patient unless the patient is really sick, we aren’t going to say anything but taking an hour to catch up with one patient when you have like 20 more waiting outside, our asses are on fire thanks to you.
8 ) Dear front line stuff, you and i both know how tough it is dealing with patients and being the first point of service but could you please do not be an asshole as well?
I mean Bitch please, we both are dealing with the same shit and you showing me a bunch of attitude is not going make me wanna help you.
Funnily, these are what i have learnt but
I ALSO WANNA GIVE A BIG THANK YOU TO THOSE PATIENT WHO MANAGE TO KEEP THEIR COOL WHEN WE FUCKED UP, WE REALLY WANT TO THANK YOU FOR NOT SCREAMING AT US AND GIVING US ANOTHER CHANCE, TO THE DOCTORS WHO HELPS US OUT INSTEAD OF RUSHING US, YOU GUYS MAKE THE JOB MUCH MORE BEARABLE, TO THE NURSES WHO ARE ALWAYS GUIDING US, THANK YOU AND LASTLY TO OTHER FRONT LINE STUFFS, THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS TRYING TO DO YOUR BEST
AND LASTLY TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE IN THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING, DOESN’T MATTER WHAT JOB YOU HOLD BUT IF YOU ARE PART OF THIS HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY, YOU ARE VALUABLE AND WITHOUT YOU GUYS KNOWING, THE HOSPITAL REALLY NEEDS YOU GUYS SO THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!